- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Elton John shares Grammy stage with young rockers
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Elton John still fills stadiums worldwide on his own, but he'll share the spotlight with a dozen other musicians at Sunday's Grammy Awards.
The 65-year-old entertainer rehearsed Saturday at Staples Center alongside young Grammy nominees Mumford & Sons, Zac Brown, Ed Sheeran and Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes.
John prepared for two performances: a rousing rendition of the Band's "The Weight" that also featured T. Bone Burnett and Mavis Staples, and a duet of Sheeran's single "The A Team."
"The fun of it for me is playing with other people," said John, wearing a navy Adidas tracksuit and his trademark red shades.
He also loves the Band's classic American sound.
"You've got a lot of British people up there playing American music, because that's what we love," he said of the Levon Helm tribute, which John dedicated to "the teachers and students of Sandy Hook Elementary School, whose songs ended too soon."
The Grammy Awards honor all kinds of music, but John said, "It should be more of a potpourri than it is."
"It's a bit ageist," he added.
"You're lucky it's ageist!" joked Grammy Awards executive producer Ken Ehrlich.
"T. Bone and I are the oldest people to play the Grammys," John said. "And we're only 30."
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen is on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/APSandy.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq