- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Kelly a top NFL target again
Question of the Day
With success like that, it’s no wonder he’s become a popular target for NFL teams.
“My whole thing since I’ve been here is that I’m going to do the best job I can every single day,” Kelly said. “If that’s good enough that other people look at me sometimes, I don’t really care about that. I think too many people live in the future. We live in the moment.”
The key this week will be keeping the Ducks in the moment as the rumors swirl.
Kelly is reported to be the top candidate to replace Pat Shurmur with the Cleveland Browns and would be a popular choice for the Philadelphia Eagles now that Andy Reid is gone. Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, San Diego and Kansas City also are without coaches and could come calling on Kelly as well.
Whatever Kelly does behind the scenes, he’s tried to make sure it doesn’t become a distraction for his team as it prepares to play another team that had national-championship hopes that lasted deep into the season.
“I never said a word to our guys about it,” Kelly said. “They understand what the task is at hand. I don’t think about it. They don’t think about it, so …”
So far, it seems to be working.
Kelly’s players have taken to his stick-to-what’s-in-front-of-you mentality when it comes to games and have done the same thing with the rumors about their coach possibly leaving.
“It’s not really distracting,” Oregon running back DeAnthony Thomas said. “Our main focus is just winning this game right now and just celebrating as a team.”
Celebrating or lamenting, Kelly likely will face a decision not long after it’s over.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- Inside the Beltway: White House grade slips to 'F'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs