- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
‘Amour,’ ‘No’ up for foreign film Oscar
LONDON (AP) - A searing portrait of old age and a political saga set in Augusto Pinochet’s Chile are among Academy Awards nominees for best foreign-language film.
“Amour,” by Austria’s Michael Haneke and “No” by Chile’s Pablo Larrain are nominated alongside 18th-century court saga “A Royal Affair” by Denmark’s Nikolaj Arcel, child soldier drama “War Witch” by Canada’s Kim Nguyen and seafaring story “Kon-Tiki” by Norway’s Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg.
The shortlist was announced Thursday in Los Angeles.
Winners of the 85th Oscars will be announced Feb. 24 during a ceremony at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.