- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
British player Ross Hutchins diagnosed with cancer
LONDON (AP) - British tennis player Ross Hutchins has been diagnosed with cancer and says he hopes to return to the circuit before the end of the year after six months of chemotherapy.
The 27-year-old Hutchins has Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a cancer of the white blood cells.
Hutchins won titles in Eastbourne and Delray Beach in 2012 with doubles partner Colin Fleming and also reached two other finals. He says “I have been staying very positive, and looking forward to getting back on court.”
Close friend Andy Murray dedicated his victory at the season-opening Brisbane International to Hutchins.
Hutchins says “it brought a tear to my eye. He has been very involved talking to me every day, with lots of encouragement.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.