- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
British player Ross Hutchins diagnosed with cancer
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - British tennis player Ross Hutchins has been diagnosed with cancer and says he hopes to return to the circuit before the end of the year after six months of chemotherapy.
The 27-year-old Hutchins has Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a cancer of the white blood cells.
Hutchins won titles in Eastbourne and Delray Beach in 2012 with doubles partner Colin Fleming and also reached two other finals. He says “I have been staying very positive, and looking forward to getting back on court.”
Close friend Andy Murray dedicated his victory at the season-opening Brisbane International to Hutchins.
Hutchins says “it brought a tear to my eye. He has been very involved talking to me every day, with lots of encouragement.”
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq