The signing announced Thursday fills the seat left open by Mike Conway, who said he didn’t feel comfortable racing on ovals during practice for last September’s season finale at Fontana.
Foyt said Sato’s aggressive driving style caught his attention in last year’s Indianapolis 500. Sato charged to the front of the field and challenged Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon in the closing laps, only to crash trying to pass Franchitti for the win on the final lap.
The Japanese driver has completed three seasons in IndyCar, winning two poles and five top-five finishes in 49 starts. His best finish was second in 2012 at Edmonton.
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
A collection of communities writers columns on Benghazi
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc