- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Horse escapes racetrack, flees 1.6 miles on road
Question of the Day
Racetrack officials said a horse escaped from Laurel Park and galloped 1.6 miles on a road with traffic before being caught.
Laurel Park spokesman Mike Gathagan said Bullet Catcher, a 4-year-old gelding, was heading back to the barn after a workout about 9 a.m. Friday. Mr. Gathagan said the animal tossed a jockey and ran off the track onto Route 1.
Another jockey, Abel Castellano, followed the horse in a truck.
The horse finally slowed down in front of a car dealership, and the jockey and a trainer were able to catch the horse. The animal was taken back to the track in a van.
Mr. Gathagan said the horse has some abrasions on his feet, but the full extent of any injuries would not be known for a few days.
TWT Video Picks
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors