- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013: Capsules on top men
2012 Match Record: 75-12
2012 Singles Titles: 6
Career Singles Titles: 34
Last 5 Australian Opens: `12-Won Championship, `11-W, `10-Lost in Quarterfinals, `09-QF, `08-W
Topspin: Is the two-time defending champion, and has won three of the last five Australian titles _ including the epic 5-hour, 53-minute five-set win over Rafael Nadal last year _ making Melbourne Park his most successful major venue. … Has been a finalist at six of the past eight Grand Slam tournaments, winning four of those. … Finished last season off with three late wins to give him six titles from 11 finals. … Regained the No. 1 ranking in November and finished the year atop the rankings in back-to-back years. … His 75 wins in 2012 were the second most in his career. … Had a minor stumble at the Hopman Cup mixed-teams event in Perth, losing to Australia’s Bernard Tomic in the group stage.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!