- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
“I BEAT MERYL”
Question of the Day
Don’t mess with Meryl.
That’s what a lot of Twitter users were saying after Jennifer Lawrence accepted the Golden Globe for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical, looked it over and quipped, “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Meryl Streep was nominated in the same category for “Hope Springs.”
“Who says that?” tweeted “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Celeb blogger Perez Hilton cautioned, “Oh, no you didn’t!!!! Meryl Streep is gonna haunt your dreams!!!!!!!!!!”
Lawrence was actually quoting a line from the movie “First Wives Club” starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton.
Fans who got the joke were quick to point out she was not dissing Streep, who has more Golden Globe nominations than anyone.
Soon (hash)FirstWivesClub was trending too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 70th annual Golden Globes through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs