- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
SHOW BITS: Chilly celebs heat up Globes
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 70th annual Golden Globes awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
There was big-name celebrity heat on the Golden Globes red carpet. That was about the only heat to be found anywhere in Beverly Hills, however.
“No, I’m not wearing any leggings or long underwear,” a smiling Louis-Dreyfus said, patting her strapless gown’s layers of tulle, silk and lace.
Asked how she was coping with the chill, Messing replied, “Not well.”
Britton didn’t mind as much.
“I don’t think it’s that bad out here,” she said. “Maybe it’s the adrenaline or something. It’s fun to wear a strapless dress to an awards ceremony, so sometimes you got to suck it up.”
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
Gowns with long trains are glamorous but can pose a serious traffic hazard. Just ask the guy behind Jennifer Lopez.
When Lopez strolled into the Golden Globes show pulling an impressive amount of fabric, the man behind her had to do a quick bunny hop.
His quick thinking and fast maneuvering avoided not only a possible derailment but also what could have been an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction.
_ Lynn Elber
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.