- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
SHOW BITS: Chilly celebs heat up Globes
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 70th annual Golden Globes awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
There was big-name celebrity heat on the Golden Globes red carpet. That was about the only heat to be found anywhere in Beverly Hills, however.
“No, I’m not wearing any leggings or long underwear,” a smiling Louis-Dreyfus said, patting her strapless gown’s layers of tulle, silk and lace.
Asked how she was coping with the chill, Messing replied, “Not well.”
Britton didn’t mind as much.
“I don’t think it’s that bad out here,” she said. “Maybe it’s the adrenaline or something. It’s fun to wear a strapless dress to an awards ceremony, so sometimes you got to suck it up.”
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
Gowns with long trains are glamorous but can pose a serious traffic hazard. Just ask the guy behind Jennifer Lopez.
When Lopez strolled into the Golden Globes show pulling an impressive amount of fabric, the man behind her had to do a quick bunny hop.
His quick thinking and fast maneuvering avoided not only a possible derailment but also what could have been an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction.
_ Lynn Elber
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014