- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
SNYDER: With John Wall’s return, Wizards’ blueprint beginning to unfold
Question of the Day
Let’s have none of that old Wizards’ mindset creep into the conversation. Although whatever could go wrong often comes to pass for this franchise, let’s consider this a(nother) new start. Wall can work himself back into shape while everyone else settles into place.
“We’ve got to continue to monitor him and take it easy,” Wittman said. “We have to be slow in the process and make sure we’re giving John every opportunity to get back to the level we think he’s capable of getting to.”
For Wall and the Wizards, Saturday marked the first step.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Deron Snyder is an award-winning journalist and Washington Times sports columnist with more than 25 years of experience. He has worked at USA Today and his column was syndicated in Gannett’s 80-plus newspapers from 2000-2009, appearing in The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Detroit News and many others. Follow Deron on Twitter @DeronSnyder or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNYDER: Michael Sam a pioneer, but Tony Dungy doesn't need to be
- SNYDER: Robert Griffin III, Jay Gruden perfect together — for now
- SNYDER: Nationals flush with possibilities as second half kicks in
- SNYDER: Emmanuel Mudiay's decision to skip college another step toward sea change
- SNYDER: Like it or not, Derek Jeter is reason to watch All-Star game
Latest Blog Entries
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq