- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
AP Photos: Post-baby Danes among Globes style wins
With all the pressure to strike the right style note at the Golden Globes _ the kickoff to Hollywood’s award season _ Claire Danes had one more: a post-baby body.
“I am very strapped into this dress. It’s Versace and they are masters of illusions,” she said after her win Sunday for best actress in a TV drama. She wore a plunging red dress just a month after giving birth to her son.
Also in Versace _ in a less-loved look _ was Halle Berry in a one-shoulder printed gown with a fuchsia-and-blush print. A floral ballgown by Carolina Herrera worn by Lucy Liu was another unconventional choice sure to become water-cooler fodder.
Among those wearing blush-colored gowns were Megan Fox _ another new mom _ in Dolce & Gabbana and Amy Adams in Marchesa. And there were lots of attention-getting sheer looks, including Jennifer Lopez’s seemingly barely there gown by Zuhair Murad.
Other sure-to-be-noticed gowns were Jessica Chastain’s seafoam green Calvin Klein, Julianne Moore in Tom Ford and Katharine McPhee in a plunging black V-neck by Olivier Theyskens for Theory. Anne Hathaway went for an unfussy beaded white look by Chanel while Sofia Vergara veered a little from her signature mermaid gown but kept her va-va-voom.
AP Entertainment Writer Anthony McCartney contributed to this report.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow