- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
AP Photos: Post-baby Danes among Globes style wins
With all the pressure to strike the right style note at the Golden Globes _ the kickoff to Hollywood's award season _ Claire Danes had one more: a post-baby body.
"I am very strapped into this dress. It's Versace and they are masters of illusions," she said after her win Sunday for best actress in a TV drama. She wore a plunging red dress just a month after giving birth to her son.
Danes was one of many sirens in red on the red carpet, including Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la Renta and Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard both in strapless coral gowns by Dior Haute Couture.
Also in Versace _ in a less-loved look _ was Halle Berry in a one-shoulder printed gown with a fuchsia-and-blush print. A floral ballgown by Carolina Herrera worn by Lucy Liu was another unconventional choice sure to become water-cooler fodder.
Among those wearing blush-colored gowns were Megan Fox _ another new mom _ in Dolce & Gabbana and Amy Adams in Marchesa. And there were lots of attention-getting sheer looks, including Jennifer Lopez's seemingly barely there gown by Zuhair Murad.
Other sure-to-be-noticed gowns were Jessica Chastain's seafoam green Calvin Klein, Julianne Moore in Tom Ford and Katharine McPhee in a plunging black V-neck by Olivier Theyskens for Theory. Anne Hathaway went for an unfussy beaded white look by Chanel while Sofia Vergara veered a little from her signature mermaid gown but kept her va-va-voom.
AP Entertainment Writer Anthony McCartney contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.