- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Musical of ‘Big Fish’ lands a Broadway theater
NEW YORK (AP) - The musical of “Big Fish” starring two-time Tony Award winner Norbert Leo Butz has reeled in a Broadway theater.
Producers said Monday that the new show will open in early October at the Neil Simon Theatre. Previews begin September 5 following a tune-up in Chicago this April and May.
Five-time Tony Award winner Susan Stroman will direct and choreograph the musical, based on the Daniel Wallace novel and the 2003 Tim Burton-directed film starring Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney. The musical’s book will be by John August, who wrote the movie’s screenplay.
Butz, last seen opposite Katie Homes on Broadway, will be joined by Kate Baldwin, Bobby Steggert, Krystal Joy Brown and Zachary Unger.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again