- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
PayPal expands retail store payments service
NEW YORK (AP) - PayPal says it is expanding its payment service to more brick-and-mortar retailers, including RadioShack and Dollar General stores.
EBay Inc.’s payments subsidiary is announcing Monday that as of the end of 2012 it had agreements with 23 retailers to accept PayPal in their stores.
It’s the latest step in PayPal’s push to recruit store-based retailers as it expands from offering online payments.
PayPal is already accepted at retailers such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker and the Home Depot, among others. It also has a deal with Discover Financial Services to let retailers that take Discover cards to also process PayPal payments.
Separately, PayPal is also unveiling a pilot program in Emeryville, Calif., with smoothie chain Jamba Juice that lets people order ahead using the PayPal app.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Search for missing Malaysian airliner widens as mystery deepens
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target with 19 days left to sign up
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again