- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Qatar Gore?
We screamed when New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg favored the building of a Muslim community center two blocks from Ground Zero. It was a meaningless gesture by him but ugly and insulting to those murdered at the Twin Towers site on Sept. 11, 2001. Yet it was nothing compared to our former vice president, arrogant Al Gore, who is now selling his television station, Current TV, to Al-Jazeera (“Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore,” Web, Jan. 2).
This is, of course, the same Al-Jazeera that was used as a public forum for Osama bin Laden’s videos and speeches. Certainly this makes Mr. Gore worse than Mr. Bloomberg. The mayor is just a good-hearted, self-loving liberal. Mr. Gore is a traitor making a deal with an active enemy. When no Jews or Christians are even allowed in some Middle Eastern countries, how is it that Mr. Gore invites Al-Jazeera to participate in our media? Mr. Gore refused to sell Current TV to conservative news figure Glenn Beck, as if Mr. Beck represents a greater threat than Islamists. If you can’t call a friend a friend, you can’t tell who your enemies are. Shame on Mr. Gore. Shame on the liberals who make him believe the dreadful things he does are moral instead of evil.
The fact that Mr. Gore is the king of global warming and that he is selling his station to the company of an oil-producing nation like Qatar just underscores his hypocrisy. When the political left tosses American values to the wind, we end up confused and siding with our enemies. We invite them to speak on television to us. Wouldn’t Tokyo Rose have wished for such a deal?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers