- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Question of the Day
That’s what a lot of Twitter users were saying after Jennifer Lawrence accepted the Golden Globe for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical, looked it over and quipped, “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Meryl Streep was nominated in the same category for “Hope Springs.”
“Who says that?” tweeted “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Celeb blogger Perez Hilton cautioned, “Oh, no you didn’t!!!! Meryl Streep is gonna haunt your dreams!!!!!!!!!!”
Lawrence was actually quoting a line from the movie “First Wives Club” starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton.
Fans who got the joke were quick to point out she was not dissing Streep, who has more Golden Globe nominations than anyone.
Soon (hash)FirstWivesClub was trending too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “Honestly, I would have played a musket, so I’m thrilled I got to sing a really good song.” _ Anne Hathaway on her role in “Les Miserables,” which won her a supporting actress Golden Globe.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
While accepting her Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy series or musical, Lena Dunham gave a shoutout to Chad Lowe.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq