- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Question of the Day
That’s what a lot of Twitter users were saying after Jennifer Lawrence accepted the Golden Globe for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical, looked it over and quipped, “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Meryl Streep was nominated in the same category for “Hope Springs.”
“Who says that?” tweeted “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Celeb blogger Perez Hilton cautioned, “Oh, no you didn’t!!!! Meryl Streep is gonna haunt your dreams!!!!!!!!!!”
Lawrence was actually quoting a line from the movie “First Wives Club” starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton.
Fans who got the joke were quick to point out she was not dissing Streep, who has more Golden Globe nominations than anyone.
Soon (hash)FirstWivesClub was trending too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “Honestly, I would have played a musket, so I’m thrilled I got to sing a really good song.” _ Anne Hathaway on her role in “Les Miserables,” which won her a supporting actress Golden Globe.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
While accepting her Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy series or musical, Lena Dunham gave a shoutout to Chad Lowe.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq