- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Question of the Day
That’s what a lot of Twitter users were saying after Jennifer Lawrence accepted the Golden Globe for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical, looked it over and quipped, “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Meryl Streep was nominated in the same category for “Hope Springs.”
“Who says that?” tweeted “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Celeb blogger Perez Hilton cautioned, “Oh, no you didn’t!!!! Meryl Streep is gonna haunt your dreams!!!!!!!!!!”
Lawrence was actually quoting a line from the movie “First Wives Club” starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton.
Fans who got the joke were quick to point out she was not dissing Streep, who has more Golden Globe nominations than anyone.
Soon (hash)FirstWivesClub was trending too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “Honestly, I would have played a musket, so I’m thrilled I got to sing a really good song.” _ Anne Hathaway on her role in “Les Miserables,” which won her a supporting actress Golden Globe.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
While accepting her Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy series or musical, Lena Dunham gave a shoutout to Chad Lowe.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Obama administration blasts GOP for criticism of Castro handshake
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow