- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sic-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
That’s what a lot of Twitter users were saying after Jennifer Lawrence accepted the Golden Globe for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical, looked it over and quipped, “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Meryl Streep was nominated in the same category for “Hope Springs.”
“Who says that?” tweeted “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Celeb blogger Perez Hilton cautioned, “Oh, no you didn’t!!!! Meryl Streep is gonna haunt your dreams!!!!!!!!!!”
Lawrence was actually quoting a line from the movie “First Wives Club” starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton.
Fans who got the joke were quick to point out she was not dissing Streep, who has more Golden Globe nominations than anyone.
Soon (hash)FirstWivesClub was trending too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “Honestly, I would have played a musket, so I’m thrilled I got to sing a really good song.” _ Anne Hathaway on her role in “Les Miserables,” which won her a supporting actress Golden Globe.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
While accepting her Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy series or musical, Lena Dunham gave a shoutout to Chad Lowe.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow