- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Because she had promised her mother and herself, Dunham said, that if she ever won such an award she wouldn’t forgot to thank Lowe.
Hilary Swank, who was married to Lowe at the time, famously did forget him when she accepted her best actress Oscar in 2000 for “Boys Don’t Cry.”
It took the Golden Globes audience a few seconds to get the joke.
As for Lowe, he took to Twitter to joke, “You forgot to thank me?! After all we’ve been through? I’m shocked.”
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
Julia Louis Dreyfus stood patiently in line for the restroom, as did Emily Blunt and Jane Lynch.
It’s worth the wait: The place also doubles as a courtesy ER for beauty fixes.
Hair stylists and makeup artists keep busy there throughout the evening with curling irons and blush brushes.
Most big-name stars bypass the services, however. Apparently their glow is natural.
_ Lynn Elber _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/LynnElber.
QUICKQUOTE: “I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting.” _ Jodie Foster, speaking to reporters after accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again