- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Because she had promised her mother and herself, Dunham said, that if she ever won such an award she wouldn’t forgot to thank Lowe.
Hilary Swank, who was married to Lowe at the time, famously did forget him when she accepted her best actress Oscar in 2000 for “Boys Don’t Cry.”
It took the Golden Globes audience a few seconds to get the joke.
As for Lowe, he took to Twitter to joke, “You forgot to thank me?! After all we’ve been through? I’m shocked.”
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
Julia Louis Dreyfus stood patiently in line for the restroom, as did Emily Blunt and Jane Lynch.
It’s worth the wait: The place also doubles as a courtesy ER for beauty fixes.
Hair stylists and makeup artists keep busy there throughout the evening with curling irons and blush brushes.
Most big-name stars bypass the services, however. Apparently their glow is natural.
_ Lynn Elber _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/LynnElber.
QUICKQUOTE: “I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting.” _ Jodie Foster, speaking to reporters after accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.