- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Question of the Day
Because she had promised her mother and herself, Dunham said, that if she ever won such an award she wouldn’t forgot to thank Lowe.
Hilary Swank, who was married to Lowe at the time, famously did forget him when she accepted her best actress Oscar in 2000 for “Boys Don’t Cry.”
It took the Golden Globes audience a few seconds to get the joke.
As for Lowe, he took to Twitter to joke, “You forgot to thank me?! After all we’ve been through? I’m shocked.”
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
Julia Louis Dreyfus stood patiently in line for the restroom, as did Emily Blunt and Jane Lynch.
It’s worth the wait: The place also doubles as a courtesy ER for beauty fixes.
Hair stylists and makeup artists keep busy there throughout the evening with curling irons and blush brushes.
Most big-name stars bypass the services, however. Apparently their glow is natural.
_ Lynn Elber _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/LynnElber.
QUICKQUOTE: “I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting.” _ Jodie Foster, speaking to reporters after accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Bradley Manning, as Chelsea Manning, pens thank-you to MLK from prison
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Pope Franciss colorful past: Gods nightclub bouncer
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Out of the Furnace'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
White House pets gone wild!