- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, non-lethal aid to counter Russians
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
SHOW BITS: Tina and Amy feel the love on Twitter
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 70th annual Golden Globes awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
“Can Tina and Amy host everything?” one user asked.
Their fellow “Saturday Night Live” alums Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrill also began trending after their bit presenting the award for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical.
The pair inaccurately recapped each of the nominee’s films, and when they mentioned Meryl Streep the camera panned to her “Hope Springs” co-star Tommy Lee Jones, who wasn’t laughing.
Soon Jones became a trending topic on Twitter and a clip of the moment went viral.
Viewers also took to social media to lament Daniel Day-Lewis getting the “wrap it up” music during his acceptance speech for the lead actor award.
They called the “Lincoln” actor a living legend who does not deserve to be played off the stage.
Twitter users may also have a longer memory than one might imagine.
“Homeland” is one of the most popular shows on TV, but when Damien Lewis took to the stage to accept his Golden Globe it reminded many of his performance in the HBO miniseries “Band of Brothers.” That became a trending topic too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “I’m really grateful. We got nominated for seven Oscars, including best picture. I was thrilled. I mean, if you can’t be happy with that, your prospects for long-term happiness are probably pretty dim.” _ Ben Affleck, addressing whether he was upset that he wasn’t nominated for an Academy Award for best director, an award he won at Sunday’s Golden Globes.
_ Anthony McCartney_ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.