- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Not guilty pleas entered for Lohan on misdemeanors
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lindsay Lohan pleaded not guilty Tuesday to three misdemeanor charges related to a car crash and was ordered to appear in court for a hearing later this month.
Lohan is charged with lying to police, reckless driving and obstructing police from performing their duties.
Lohan was on probation for a 2011 necklace theft case at the time and could face up to 245 days in jail if a judge determines she violated her probation.
Godfrey also set a Feb, 27 trial date on the misdemeanor counts.
The accident was not the only problem encountered by Lohan while shooting “Liz and Dick,” a film based on the love affair between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
She also was arrested in New York after an alleged fight with a woman, but a criminal complaint hasn’t been drawn up. The district attorney’s office there said last week that an inquiry was ongoing.
A week after the car accident, paramedics were summoned to Lohan’s hotel room when she was late getting to the set. Her publicist at the time attributed her absence to fatigue and dehydration.
The film was expected to be a comeback opportunity for Lohan, who spent the past several years struggling with criminal court cases. Her performance, however, was panned by critics and fans.
Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
By Tom Fitton
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow