- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Colonials lose lead late, fall to Temple
Khalif Wyatt hit a go-ahead free throw with 2:03 remaining and Temple closed on an 8-0 run that spanned the final 6:42 in a 55-53 win over George Washington Wednesday night.
Wyatt hit two free throws with 2:03 left for a 54-53 lead. The senior scored 18 points as the Owls (12-4, 2-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) beat the Colonials for the sixth straight time.
George Washington (7-9, 1-2) missed 11 field-goal attempts and three free throws after Isaiah Armwood’s layup put the Colonials ahead 53-45 with 7:53 left.
Temple’s Jake O'Brien, who scored 10 points, started the 8-0 run with a jumper and a 3-pointer.
Armwood led George Washington with 13 points and nine rebounds. The loss snapped a four-game home winning streak for the Colonials.
The loss marked George Washington’s second consecutive second-half collapse against Temple. It blew a 49-34 second-half lead in a 79-72 loss Feb. 8, 2012.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again