- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Elton John, David Furnish welcome 2nd son
LONDON (AP) - Elton John and David Furnish say they have become parents for a second time.
The couple say they are "overwhelmed with happiness" at the birth of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
John's spokeswoman Fran Curtis confirmed an announcement on the singer's website that the baby was born Friday in Los Angeles. The infant, born to a surrogate mother, weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces (3.7 kilograms).
John, who is 65, and 50-year-old Furnish wed in a British civil partnership in 2005 and are parents to 2-year-old Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born in California in December 2010, also through a surrogate mother.
John told The Guardian newspaper last year that he hoped to have a sibling for Zachary because "it's difficult to be an only child, and to be an only child of someone famous."
John and Furnish told Hello! magazine Wednesday that "the birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way."
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again