- Conrado Marrero dies at 102; ex-Senator was oldest living MLB player
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Lopez happy for Affleck’s directing win at Globes
“I am so happy for him,” she said.
Lopez and Affleck, who were known as “Bennifer,” broke off their engagement 10 years ago. The couple were always in the tabloids and became a source of derision, and their movie together, “Gigli,” bombed, hurting their careers. It’s part of the reason Lopez was so happy to see Affleck, now married to Jennifer Garner, win big at the Golden Globe Awards. (“Argo” also won for best drama.)
“You know we went through a really rough time in the press and things like that back in the day. So I really felt like, `Wow this is a great moment,’” she said in an interview this week. “I am so glad for him. He deserves it. He made a great movie. He has made a couple of great movies.”
Lopez, 43, has a new film herself. “Parker,” also starring Jason Statham, is due out Jan. 25. She plays a woman who has split from her husband, something the singer-actress can identify with.
While she was working on the movie, she was also dealing with the end of her marriage to Marc Anthony, and it hit home.
“I had just gone through that. Literally, a month or two before (shooting started), that had happened. I felt like my whole life had fallen apart. My family had fallen apart. I was very, very sad and depressed when we were doing this film, in a sense,” she said.
Lopez added, “Even though every day … you show up, and you try to be bright and happy and all that. … But … it was just hard to get up in the morning. … So I really understood this character in a way I wouldn’t have six months or a year before. Yeah, it was perfect timing, let’s just put it that way.”
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014