- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Lopez happy for Affleck’s directing win at Globes
“I am so happy for him,” she said.
Lopez and Affleck, who were known as “Bennifer,” broke off their engagement 10 years ago. The couple were always in the tabloids and became a source of derision, and their movie together, “Gigli,” bombed, hurting their careers. It’s part of the reason Lopez was so happy to see Affleck, now married to Jennifer Garner, win big at the Golden Globe Awards. (“Argo” also won for best drama.)
“You know we went through a really rough time in the press and things like that back in the day. So I really felt like, `Wow this is a great moment,’” she said in an interview this week. “I am so glad for him. He deserves it. He made a great movie. He has made a couple of great movies.”
Lopez, 43, has a new film herself. “Parker,” also starring Jason Statham, is due out Jan. 25. She plays a woman who has split from her husband, something the singer-actress can identify with.
While she was working on the movie, she was also dealing with the end of her marriage to Marc Anthony, and it hit home.
“I had just gone through that. Literally, a month or two before (shooting started), that had happened. I felt like my whole life had fallen apart. My family had fallen apart. I was very, very sad and depressed when we were doing this film, in a sense,” she said.
Lopez added, “Even though every day … you show up, and you try to be bright and happy and all that. … But … it was just hard to get up in the morning. … So I really understood this character in a way I wouldn’t have six months or a year before. Yeah, it was perfect timing, let’s just put it that way.”
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.