- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media complicit in Obama’s abuse of power
Question of the Day
Joe Klein’s most recent narcissistic Time magazine column, “Obama’s Second Chance,” is nothing less than a propaganda-laden media victory lap celebrating the fact that Americans were deceived into re-electing the current president.
However, Mr. Klein’s Republican bashing conveniently ignores the facts that a Democrat, former President Bill Clinton, caused the housing and finance crash, which was falsely blamed on President George W. Bush. It also neglects to mention that President Obama increased the national debt by $6 trillion, manufacturing health care and financial crises along the way. All this resulted in rushing overreaching health care and finance laws through a Democrat-controlled Congress. It also fails to mention how Mr. Obama issued executive orders and edicts on immigration and energy — until this abuse of power was delayed by Republicans taking back the House of Representatives in 2010.
Unfortunately for the nation, Mr. Klein and his ilk are nothing more than active members of Mr. Obama’s rooting section, people who know very well that this second-term president is merely carrying out his promise to fundamentally transform America for the worse by any means necessary. The liberal press could be responsible for aiding the abuse of power by the man who quickly is becoming the most unconstitutional president in history.
DANIEL B. JEFFS
Apple Valley, Calif.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles