- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
Webb to work for ‘Inside Edition’ at Super Bowl
NEW YORK (AP) - The beauty pageant queen who shot to social media stardom during the BCS championship will be back in front of the cameras ahead of the NFL’s title game.
Former Miss Alabama USA Katherine Webb will serve as a correspondent for “Inside Edition” leading up to next month’s Super Bowl in New Orleans.
The girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, Webb became a star when ESPN’s cameras lingered on her during the Crimson Tide’s rout of Notre Dame on Jan. 7 and announcer Brent Musburger commented on her looks.
Webb calls the temporary job “an honor and a dream come true.” She says she’ll “give fans an insider’s look at what goes on as the teams prepare to battle and as the fans get ready to cheer on their favorites.”
The show said Wednesday she’ll start work Jan. 28. “Inside Edition” is syndicated by CBS Television Distribution but not part of CBS’ coverage of the Super Bowl, which Webb won’t be involved with.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.