- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
FAMU moves to fire baseball coach Willie Brown
Question of the Day
TALLAHASSEE, FLA. (AP) - Already mired in controversy for failing to police hazing on its campus, Florida A&M University has moved to fire baseball coach Willie Brown. He was accused by the school of harassing a player for his sexual orientation.
FAMU attorney Avery McKnight said in a statement from the school Thursday that the appropriate employment action is under way to dismiss Brown. He said any further information could not be released in a case where sexual harassment is alleged.
Brown’s attorney, Steve Andrews, called the charges bogus and threatened to file a defamation suit against the university. Andrews said he has affidavits from players who say no player was treated differently.
A school spokesman said former Rattler outfielder Kevin Clethen has handled the team since Brown was put on leave in November.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world