- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Question of the Day
Jan. 19 _ East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Jan. 20 _ AFC and NFC championship games.
Jan. 27 _ Pro Bowl, Aloha Stadium, Honolulu; An assistant coach, whose team is in the Super Bowl and who has previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job, may have a second interview with the club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.
Feb. 3 _ Super Bowl, Superdome, New Orleans
March 9-11 _ Clubs may enter negotiations with certified agents of players who will be unrestricted free agents at end of league year.
March 12 _ Before 4 p.m. EDT, clubs must exercise options for 2013 on all players who have option clauses in their 2012 contracts; clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation; clubs must submit a minimum salary offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights to players with expiring 2012 contracts and who have fewer than three seasons of free agency credit; all 2012 player contracts expire. All clubs must be under the salary cap. The 2013 league year, free agency and trading period begins at 4 p.m. EDT.
March 17-20 _ Annual league meeting, Phoenix
April 25-27 _ NFL draft, New York
May 20-22 _ NFL spring league Meeting, Boston
Sept. 5, 8-9 _ 2013 NFL season begins.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world