- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: THE 10 MOST BUZZED-ABOUT FILMS
From the most anticipated titles to potential breakouts and must-see docs, everything buyers need to get shopping in Park City.
THR COVER: NICOLE KIDMAN ON SEX SCENES, SCIENTOLOGY AND SAYING NO TO STUDIOS
Now 45 and happily married, the star of Sundance horror movie “Stoker” proclaims: “My heart is independent.”
`LINCOLN’ GETS TWEAKED FOR OVERSEAS RELEASE
The world has heard of the 16th President but not about his role in ending slavery, as a Steven Spielberg preamble and custom footage hope to lure in foreign audiences.
`LINCOLN’ SCORES SECOND `60 MINUTES’ PIECE AS `ZERO DARK THIRTY’ REBUFFED
CBS News’ Bill Owens says the show was “pitched hard,” but selling the Bin Laden manhunt as breaking news didn’t fly: “It’s not a documentary; it’s a movie.”
`ZERO DARK THIRTY’S’ SURPRISING TOP 10 THEATERS - DESPITE DIANE FEINSTEIN
Despite Senator’s slam, Bin Laden manhunt pic plays well in her backyard of Washington.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama hits new poll lows for approval 38 percent
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- LAMBRO: The dark lining to the silver cloud of Obamanomics
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Helping the YOUniverse conspire on your behalf.
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow