- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
49ers’ Crabtree questioned in sexual assault case
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Police in San Francisco said Friday they are investigating a sexual assault allegation involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.
Police said in a written statement that the alleged assault occurred in a city hotel room early Sunday, after the 49ers’ playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers.
Crabtree has been interviewed with his attorney present and has cooperated with the probe, the statement said. The receiver hasn’t been detained or arrested, and he agreed to be available for more questions in the future.
Authorities didn’t release any further details.
49ers General Manager Trent Baalke said the team is aware of the allegations.
“The 49ers take such matters very seriously,” he said in a statement. “We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing.”
San Francisco is preparing to play the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC championship game on Sunday. The winner goes to the Super Bowl.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.