- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills many more than guns
Question of the Day
In 2011, there were reportedly 8,600 firearm killings in the United States. A number of these were committed in highly liberal strongholds such as Chicago, where there are gun controls in place.
Gun control is not the answer to the intentional infliction of harm in America. The political left, which clamors for still more gun control, is blind to the greatest tragedy in America involving the intentional infliction of death by human intent: abortion. In Roe v. Wade, we find a profound and lethal death trap to which the left wing in America steadfastly clings in the name of “choice.” From 2009 to 2011, the average estimated annual number of abortions in the United States amounted to a staggering 1.2 million. Planned Parenthood performs about 300,000 of these abortions every year.
Before liberals focus on the creation of a gun-free utopia, they might wish to take a look at the mass killings by abortion that are intentionally inflicted under the guise of free will. Where does the real ugliness and brutality rest in America’s culture?
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border