- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills many more than guns
Question of the Day
In 2011, there were reportedly 8,600 firearm killings in the United States. A number of these were committed in highly liberal strongholds such as Chicago, where there are gun controls in place.
Gun control is not the answer to the intentional infliction of harm in America. The political left, which clamors for still more gun control, is blind to the greatest tragedy in America involving the intentional infliction of death by human intent: abortion. In Roe v. Wade, we find a profound and lethal death trap to which the left wing in America steadfastly clings in the name of “choice.” From 2009 to 2011, the average estimated annual number of abortions in the United States amounted to a staggering 1.2 million. Planned Parenthood performs about 300,000 of these abortions every year.
Before liberals focus on the creation of a gun-free utopia, they might wish to take a look at the mass killings by abortion that are intentionally inflicted under the guise of free will. Where does the real ugliness and brutality rest in America’s culture?
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Eugenie Bouchard pulls out of D.C.'s Citi Open
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis