- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills many more than guns
In 2011, there were reportedly 8,600 firearm killings in the United States. A number of these were committed in highly liberal strongholds such as Chicago, where there are gun controls in place.
Gun control is not the answer to the intentional infliction of harm in America. The political left, which clamors for still more gun control, is blind to the greatest tragedy in America involving the intentional infliction of death by human intent: abortion. In Roe v. Wade, we find a profound and lethal death trap to which the left wing in America steadfastly clings in the name of “choice.” From 2009 to 2011, the average estimated annual number of abortions in the United States amounted to a staggering 1.2 million. Planned Parenthood performs about 300,000 of these abortions every year.
Before liberals focus on the creation of a gun-free utopia, they might wish to take a look at the mass killings by abortion that are intentionally inflicted under the guise of free will. Where does the real ugliness and brutality rest in America’s culture?
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Get Breaking Alerts
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II