- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Archie joins Peyton in peddling pizza
DENVER (AP) - Peyton Manning figured one good Papa deserved another.
While he was sitting out last season with his neck injury, Peyton Manning starred in a Papa John’s Super Bowl commercial with Jerome Bettis. Manning was dressed up as a referee. “Hey, a man’s gotta work, OK” he told Bettis.
After signing with the Broncos, Peyton Manning invested in 21 of the company’s pizza stores in the Denver area. More recently, Papa John’s approached Archie about being a spokesman for the Super Bowl promotion. Starting Sunday, fans can go online and choose heads or tails for the opening coin toss. The winners will get free pizza.
“Only thing that would be better is if the Broncos were playing in the game,” Archie Manning said. “Or the Giants. Or both. But it’s going to be good stuff.”
Before last season, when Eli Manning’s Giants lost the coin toss, the NFC had won 14 straight flips. The odds of that happening are around 16,000-1.
“Before we went into that one, Eli said, `Know your lines,’” Archie Manning said. “Anytime you do a commercial with Peyton, you should know your lines. He thinks an eight-hour commercial shoot should take three hours. He’s a perfectionist. The idea always is, `Don’t bust a play.’”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again