- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Machiavellian Schumer
Unless completely clueless, no one should be surprised at the endorsement of former Sen. Chuck Hagel for secretary of defense by the transparent hypocrite Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat (“Schumer says he’ll back Hagel nomination for Pentagon,” Web, Tuesday).
What will Mr. Schumer get in return from President Obama — support for Senate majority leadership, perhaps? Regardless of whom he supports on a particular issue, rarely does the self-serving Mr. Schumer act out of pure altruism. First and foremost, he will ensure his Machiavellian aggrandizement of power and party.
In this case, the enervating triumvirate of President Obama, Mr. Hagel and Mr. Schumer has not thrown Israel over the cliff (Democrats are saving that maneuver for the economy), but instead directly to the wolves. His flanks and his “six” now unprotected, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s situation has become infinitely more perilous with the Hagel nomination. Welcome, Israel, to the second Obama nightmare.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control