- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Machiavellian Schumer
Question of the Day
Unless completely clueless, no one should be surprised at the endorsement of former Sen. Chuck Hagel for secretary of defense by the transparent hypocrite Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat (“Schumer says he’ll back Hagel nomination for Pentagon,” Web, Tuesday).
What will Mr. Schumer get in return from President Obama — support for Senate majority leadership, perhaps? Regardless of whom he supports on a particular issue, rarely does the self-serving Mr. Schumer act out of pure altruism. First and foremost, he will ensure his Machiavellian aggrandizement of power and party.
In this case, the enervating triumvirate of President Obama, Mr. Hagel and Mr. Schumer has not thrown Israel over the cliff (Democrats are saving that maneuver for the economy), but instead directly to the wolves. His flanks and his “six” now unprotected, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s situation has become infinitely more perilous with the Hagel nomination. Welcome, Israel, to the second Obama nightmare.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology