- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Minor league team uses Te’o hoax for promotion
FLORENCE, KY. (AP) - A Kentucky-based minor league baseball team is jumping on the Manti Te’o girlfriend hoax story.
It is offering a bobblehead giveaway of the girlfriend. Only the boxes will be empty.
The Florence Freedom says on its website that the boxes will go to the first 1,000 fans on May 23.
They also will rope off a special section just for people to bring imaginary friends.
Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson says fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.
Te’o, a Notre Dame football star, said this week he was duped in a bizarre lie involving a fake dead girlfriend. The national media did several stories on how Te’o played through the pain of her death.
The Florence Freedom is part of the Independent Frontier League.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again