- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
SAfrican Lira dedicating Zulu love song to Obamas
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - South African singing sensation Lira says she will dedicate a Zulu love song to United States President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, when she performs at Monday’s inaugural ball in Washington, D.C.
Lira says she is blown away by the invitation. She told South African talk show host Redi Tlhabi her career has “gone way beyond my wildest dreams … I’m extremely excited, it blows my mind.”
On Talk Show Radio 702 this week Lira promised to dedicate a song of her own composition called “Ngiyazifela” to America’s first couple. “It talks about being so in love with one’s partner and I think Michelle and Obama are such an inspiring couple, I just want to pay a tribute to that.” Ngiyazifela is Zulu slang for being madly in love.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.