- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Father of ‘Karate Kid’ Macchio wants NY zip line
LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (AP) - The father of “Karate Kid” actor Ralph Macchio wants to build a 3,500-foot-long zip line ride from an Adirondack mountaintop to his tourist ranch in upstate New York.
The Adirondack Daily Enterprise (http://bit.ly/SdQDed) reports that Wild West Ranch owner Ralph Macchio Sr. is proposing a $1.5 million project that includes a launch platform and tower in Lake George, N.Y., near the top of French Mountain, which Macchio owns. A swath of trees would have to be cleared along the route to carry riders down a vertical drop of 700 feet to his ranch.
Riders would be driven to the top on an existing road.
Some nearby landowners are concerned about visual and noise impacts. State and local agencies are reviewing the project.
Macchio is hoping the attraction could open this summer.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again