- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Murray through to 4th round at Australian Open
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (AP) - U.S. Open champion Andy Murray advanced to the fourth round of a Grand Slam for the 19th consecutive time with a 6-3, 6-4, 7-5 win over Lithuanian qualifier Ricardas Berankis at the Australian Open on Saturday.
Murray began his streak of fourth round of better in Grand Slams at Wimbledon in 2008, after having lost in the third at the French Open a month earlier.
The 25-year-old Scot, who ended a 76-year drought for British men at the majors by winning the U.S. Open last year, has not dropped a set at this year’s Australian Open. He will next play either Frenchmen Gilles Simon or Gael Monfils.
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Nevada rancher's racial remarks cost him range of support
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014