- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Sherrod Wright leads George Mason past Hofstra
Question of the Day
Sherrod Wright scored 21 points to lead George Mason to a 57-46 win over Hofstra on Saturday.
Wright, who went 8 of 18 from the floor, was the only player to score in double figures for the Patriots (11-7, 4-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won four of their last five games.
Hofstra trimmed George Mason’s lead to 37-36 on Moussa Kone’s free throw with 12:22 left in the second half. But the Pride (5-13, 2-3) were unable to pull ahead, and the Patriots later pushed their advantage to 11 points — their largest of the game — on Jonathan Arledge’s layup with 2:15 remaining.
Taran Buie scored 14 points with six turnovers for Hofstra, which has lost two straight games. Stevie Mejia finished with 10 points and Stephen Nwaukoni grabbed 12 rebounds.
George Mason shot 40 percent from the floor compared to the Pride, who shot 22.9 percent.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq