- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Sherrod Wright leads George Mason past Hofstra
Sherrod Wright scored 21 points to lead George Mason to a 57-46 win over Hofstra on Saturday.
Wright, who went 8 of 18 from the floor, was the only player to score in double figures for the Patriots (11-7, 4-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won four of their last five games.
Hofstra trimmed George Mason’s lead to 37-36 on Moussa Kone’s free throw with 12:22 left in the second half. But the Pride (5-13, 2-3) were unable to pull ahead, and the Patriots later pushed their advantage to 11 points — their largest of the game — on Jonathan Arledge’s layup with 2:15 remaining.
Taran Buie scored 14 points with six turnovers for Hofstra, which has lost two straight games. Stevie Mejia finished with 10 points and Stephen Nwaukoni grabbed 12 rebounds.
George Mason shot 40 percent from the floor compared to the Pride, who shot 22.9 percent.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.