- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Madonna fan gets probation for resisting NY arrest
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A former firefighter with a crush on Madonna has been sentenced to three years’ probation for resisting arrest outside the singer’s New York City apartment building.
Robert Linhart was convicted in November after being twice arrested in September 2010.
Police say the then-59-year-old Linhart was nabbed after he parked his SUV outside the Material Girl’s former Manhattan apartment and spray-painted love notes on poster boards. He returned a few days later and was arrested again.
His attorney had argued that it was no crime to adore Madonna, the singer of pop hits including “Like a Virgin” who performed at last year’s Super Bowl halftime game.
The judge on Wednesday also ordered Linhart to attend anger management sessions.
Attorney Lawrence LaBrew tells the Daily News that Linhart is appealing the conviction.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq