- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Not a happy new year
Question of the Day
Considering the flurry of spending and finance-suppression laws by congressional Democrats and President Obama during the first two years of his presidency, plus the rush of executive edicts, regulations, enormous deficits, mounting debt and the “fiscal cliff,” something became painfully clear: This was not a very merry Christmas. Alas, more taxes, regulations, spending and a deeper second recession are coming, which means it certainly won’t be a happy new year for years to come (“Obama’s hidden-tax heist,” Web, Dec. 24).
Indeed, not since President Lyndon B. Johnson’s war on poverty and the “Great Society” illusion that created the dependency class have a president and Democratic Congress done so much damage to America, our prosperity, our freedoms and our future.
Also worth mentioning: The relentless push of Presidents Carter and Clinton for “affordable” housing, which caused the housing and financial crash of 2008, and Mr. Obama’s foreign policy and national security failures.
DANIEL B. JEFFS
Apple Valley, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops