- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s real plans for America
President Obama has absolutely no interest in saving the United States of America as it was founded. He seems to have an equal distaste for the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. His interest in America goes only as far as punishment for what he sees as American crimes against the world.
Mr. Obama is the progressive equivalent of a “universal soldier.” He has been molded and groomed for his assignment and is carrying out the left’s plan perfectly. More accurately, he seems to be buying his way through the plan, using American tax dollars. Imagine the unbridled joy being felt by the president and his confederates as they watch their plan become a reality. Within months, I believe they will collapse the dollar and attempt to begin the wholesale confiscation of not only guns, but retirement funds as well.
Mr. Obama’s new taxes on the “wealthy” will raise $60 billion to $70 billion, enough to run the nation for less than two weeks. So his desire to bring down the debt is false. He does have a midterm congressional election coming up in 2014, and conservative wins would be a disaster for him. That’s where the new tax dollars from the “wealthy” come in.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question