- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s real plans for America
Question of the Day
President Obama has absolutely no interest in saving the United States of America as it was founded. He seems to have an equal distaste for the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. His interest in America goes only as far as punishment for what he sees as American crimes against the world.
Mr. Obama is the progressive equivalent of a “universal soldier.” He has been molded and groomed for his assignment and is carrying out the left’s plan perfectly. More accurately, he seems to be buying his way through the plan, using American tax dollars. Imagine the unbridled joy being felt by the president and his confederates as they watch their plan become a reality. Within months, I believe they will collapse the dollar and attempt to begin the wholesale confiscation of not only guns, but retirement funds as well.
Mr. Obama’s new taxes on the “wealthy” will raise $60 billion to $70 billion, enough to run the nation for less than two weeks. So his desire to bring down the debt is false. He does have a midterm congressional election coming up in 2014, and conservative wins would be a disaster for him. That’s where the new tax dollars from the “wealthy” come in.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
Get Breaking Alerts
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals