- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reckless spending cheered
The liberal news media is unsurprisingly jubilant over Congress‘ last-minute decision Tuesday night to move its economic car wreck further down the road to allow lobbyists the freedom to bypass all of the unsightly carnage unscathed (“Congress approves ‘fiscal cliff’ deal in bipartisan vote,” Web, Tuesday).
One begins to wonder whether the liberal news media hasn’t gone insane. It is acting like a mother protecting her drug-addicted children by shielding them from any of the negative consequences stemming from their self-absorbed, reckless behavior. It was once said that the world needed leaders to bring a “human touch” to politics and business. We are now finding out what that means: total absolution from all blame for those who are recklessly destroying our country by spending it into oblivion. Apparently, a “human touch” is nothing more than reaching for someone else’s credit card to feed an addiction called government spending.
MATTHEW R. POWENSKI
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress