- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Special-needs children will pay the price
Question of the Day
The United States and Russia again find themselves in a dispute and, of course, conduct themselves as would two spoiled brats without the slightest concern for or awareness of the damage their behavior will cause (“Russia’s move on adoptions discouraging,” Web, Dec. 23). The article is intelligent but omits some very interesting facts.
On the one hand, we find the Congress of the United States moaning about the “human rights” of one man in Russia, all the while allowing the Obama administration to forsake millions of citizens of several Middle Eastern allies to radical Islamic regimes that believe in rights for no one.
In Russia’s posturing, it is just another example of a country shooting itself in the foot. The article should have reported, even if President Vladimir Putin does not know himself, that the United States and Canada are the only countries that promote adoption of special-needs children from Russia and nations of the former Soviet Union. Canada allows one per family. Why is that? Because the socialist medical programs in Europe and the cultural ignorance in other parts of the world will not allow it. I wonder what Obamacare will do to handle this little nugget and how a billboard of Putin and Obama reading, “Tormenters of Special-Needs Children” would play across America.
The Russian and American governments are idiotic, as usual. Using children in this fashion simply proves how naive and petty Mr. Obama and Mr. Putin really are. Russians and Americans both deserve better.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Get Breaking Alerts
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Atheists, let up on 9/11 cross
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ukraine is not so easily understood