- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Special-needs children will pay the price
Question of the Day
The United States and Russia again find themselves in a dispute and, of course, conduct themselves as would two spoiled brats without the slightest concern for or awareness of the damage their behavior will cause (“Russia’s move on adoptions discouraging,” Web, Dec. 23). The article is intelligent but omits some very interesting facts.
On the one hand, we find the Congress of the United States moaning about the “human rights” of one man in Russia, all the while allowing the Obama administration to forsake millions of citizens of several Middle Eastern allies to radical Islamic regimes that believe in rights for no one.
In Russia’s posturing, it is just another example of a country shooting itself in the foot. The article should have reported, even if President Vladimir Putin does not know himself, that the United States and Canada are the only countries that promote adoption of special-needs children from Russia and nations of the former Soviet Union. Canada allows one per family. Why is that? Because the socialist medical programs in Europe and the cultural ignorance in other parts of the world will not allow it. I wonder what Obamacare will do to handle this little nugget and how a billboard of Putin and Obama reading, “Tormenters of Special-Needs Children” would play across America.
The Russian and American governments are idiotic, as usual. Using children in this fashion simply proves how naive and petty Mr. Obama and Mr. Putin really are. Russians and Americans both deserve better.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives