- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Special-needs children will pay the price
The United States and Russia again find themselves in a dispute and, of course, conduct themselves as would two spoiled brats without the slightest concern for or awareness of the damage their behavior will cause (“Russia’s move on adoptions discouraging,” Web, Dec. 23). The article is intelligent but omits some very interesting facts.
On the one hand, we find the Congress of the United States moaning about the “human rights” of one man in Russia, all the while allowing the Obama administration to forsake millions of citizens of several Middle Eastern allies to radical Islamic regimes that believe in rights for no one.
In Russia’s posturing, it is just another example of a country shooting itself in the foot. The article should have reported, even if President Vladimir Putin does not know himself, that the United States and Canada are the only countries that promote adoption of special-needs children from Russia and nations of the former Soviet Union. Canada allows one per family. Why is that? Because the socialist medical programs in Europe and the cultural ignorance in other parts of the world will not allow it. I wonder what Obamacare will do to handle this little nugget and how a billboard of Putin and Obama reading, “Tormenters of Special-Needs Children” would play across America.
The Russian and American governments are idiotic, as usual. Using children in this fashion simply proves how naive and petty Mr. Obama and Mr. Putin really are. Russians and Americans both deserve better.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws