- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
Former No. 1 Wozniacki loses to Kuznetsova at AO
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Two-time major winner Svetlana Kuznetsova has defeated former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open.
Kuznetsova, winner of the 2004 U.S. Open and 2009 French Open, broke her Danish opponent in the 11th game of the third set and finished the match with a backhand winner down the line.
Kuznetsova saw her streak of 40 straight Grand Slam appearances broken last year when a right knee injury forced her out of the U.S. Open.
Wozniacki lost her No. 1 ranking to Victoria Azarenka last year after falling in the quarterfinals at Melbourne Park to Kim Clijsters.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.