- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Notre Dame official explains not disclosing hoax
Question of the Day
SOUTH BEND, IND. (AP) - A Notre Dame spokesman says the university decided against disclosing the hoax against Manti Te’o immediately after an investigation commissioned by the school confirmed it because they didn’t think it would be in the best interest of the teams playing in the BCS championship game or the individuals involved.
University spokesman Dennis Brown tells the South Bend Tribune in a story Sunday (http://bit.ly/YgO3aU) that some school administrators thought they should release what they knew about the hoax when they became aware of it.
The hoax about Te’o’s “dead” girlfriend became public Wednesday when it was reported by Deadspin.com. Athletic director Jack Swarbrick said after the news broke that Te’o and his family had intended to disclose the hoax, saying he believed they intended to do so on Jan. 21.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world