- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Duke back to No. 1 in AP Top 25 poll
Question of the Day
Duke is No. 1 in The Associated Press’ college basketball poll after dropping from the top spot for one week.
The Blue Devils, who fell to No. 3 last week, took advantage of losses by Louisville and Indiana to move back to No. 1, their fifth week on top this season. Duke received 39 first-place votes from the 65-member national media panel Monday.
Michigan, which jumped from fifth to second, had 11 No. 1 votes. Kansas, which had seven first-place votes, and Syracuse, which knocked Louisville out of No. 1, tied for third. Syracuse received eight No. 1 votes.
Louisville dropped to fifth and was followed by Arizona, Indiana, Florida, Butler and Gonzaga.
Wichita State, Cincinnati, Mississippi and Miami moved into the rankings this week, replacing San Diego State, Illinois, UCLA and Marquette.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq