- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Fans get to vote on format of Sprint Unlimited
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - The format for the first NASCAR race of the year will be determined by race fans.
Fans will be able to vote on the length of the race segments, pit stops and how many cars will be eliminated after the second segment of the exhibition Sprint Unlimited scheduled for Feb. 16 at Daytona International Speedway. The race was previously known as the Budweiser Shootout, and is the official kickoff for Speedweeks.
The lineup of 22 drivers will be comprised of 2012 pole winners and past Shootout champions. Fan can vote on NASCAR’s new mobile app or at NASCAR.com. Votes on the NASCAR Mobile ‘13 app will count twice.
Fans can also vote on the style of firesuit Miss Sprint Cup will wear in Victory Lane.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again