- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
IndyCar changes race distances at 4 events
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - IndyCar has changed the distances of four races in an effort to discourage fuel-mileage racing.
The announcement made Monday changes the lengths of races at St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Milwaukee and Mid-Ohio.
St. Pete will increase by 10 laps to 110, or 198 total miles. Long Beach is decreasing by five laps to 80, for 157.4 miles. Milwaukee is adding 25 laps to 250, for 250 miles, and Mid-Ohio is increasing five laps to 90 for 203 miles.
IndyCar Series race director Beaux Barfield believes the changes will eliminate the fuel-saving strategy that often begins at the start of the race, and teams will now be able to race hard for the entire distance.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.