- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Tennis stars Evert, Davenport take swing at acting
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Chris Evert and Lindsay Davenport are taking a swing at acting as guest stars on “CSI.” Some script revisions were in order, though, when the retired tennis champions shot their scenes.
“She never likes attention,” Evert said.
Davenport read the script and said, “I had a panic attack. I was like, `There’s no way.’”
“Most things that come to me that are outside my comfort zone are things that I don’t want to do,” Davenport said. “You either have that personality or you don’t.”
Shue is a big tennis fan and urged the “CSI” writers to pen an episode involving the sport. She’s played in Evert’s charity event in Florida and the Hall of Famer said the actress’ game makes her “one of the best women celebrities I’ve ever seen.”
So who flubbed their lines?
Evert said acting is relaxed compared to playing pro tennis.
“If you flub up your lines, you can do it five times. In tennis, there’s no dress rehearsal. You play your match and that’s it,” the 18-time major champion said.
Shue’s character interrogates Evert, and the two trade shots on the court in a scene that took a good part of their 10-hour day to set up and shoot. Cameras filmed each woman’s side of the court at least 10 times and then pulled back to film the entire court.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.