- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Microsoft to sell Surface Windows 8 Pro on Feb 9
Question of the Day
REDMOND, WASH. (AP) - Microsoft says that the pro version of its Surface tablet will be available to purchase Feb. 9 in the U.S. and Canada.
Unlike the previous version that launched in October, the “Surface Windows 8 Pro” will use the full version of Windows 8, which is compatible with programs that run on earlier versions of Windows.
The tablet will be priced starting at $899 for the model with 64 gigabytes of memory.
The price includes the Surface Pen, which allows users to write or draw on the device.
It does not include the Touch Cover keyboard, which sells separately for $120, or the Type Cover, which has depressible keys, for $130.
Microsoft hasn’t released sales figures for the earlier version of Surface, which runs on Windows RT, a slimmed down version of the operating system.
RT only runs apps bought on the Windows store and a modified version of Office that Microsoft included with the device. The pro version of Surface does not come with Office installed.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world