- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
North Korea warns that nuke test may be imminent
SEOUL — North Korea is warning that it is prepared to conduct a nuclear test and carry out more long-range rocket launches.
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defense Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a “full-fledged confrontation” against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council’s condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Judge voids N. Dakota's 'heartbeat' abortion law
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.