- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: WHAT’S BEHIND THE 7-FIGURE SPENDING
$9.75 million for “The Way, Way Back,” $4 million for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s “Don Jon’s Addiction,” documentary prices are soaring — why this year’s deals are breaking records.
WHY THE MEDIA IS NO LONGER AFRAID OF SCIENTOLOGY (ANALYSIS)
THR’s Kim Masters, in the wake of Lawrence Wright’s best-selling exposé “Going Clear,” writes of her own experiences covering the Church and how the Internet and Tom Cruise have helped thaw a chill on investigative reporting.
HOLLYWOOD CASHES IN ON THE LANCE ARMSTRONG DRAMA
Movies, TV deals and books will test the post-Oprah-confession market.
WHO’S PUTTING ACADEMY SCREENERS ONLINE?
Studios and indie distributors weigh investigating one guild member who’s under suspicion.
SXSW REJECTED LINDSAY LOHAN’S `CANYONS’ OVER `QUALITY ISSUES’
A festival insider tells THR the Paul Schrader-directed thriller has “an ugliness and a deadness to it.”
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq