- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: WHAT’S BEHIND THE 7-FIGURE SPENDING
$9.75 million for “The Way, Way Back,” $4 million for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s “Don Jon’s Addiction,” documentary prices are soaring — why this year’s deals are breaking records.
WHY THE MEDIA IS NO LONGER AFRAID OF SCIENTOLOGY (ANALYSIS)
THR’s Kim Masters, in the wake of Lawrence Wright’s best-selling exposé “Going Clear,” writes of her own experiences covering the Church and how the Internet and Tom Cruise have helped thaw a chill on investigative reporting.
HOLLYWOOD CASHES IN ON THE LANCE ARMSTRONG DRAMA
Movies, TV deals and books will test the post-Oprah-confession market.
WHO’S PUTTING ACADEMY SCREENERS ONLINE?
Studios and indie distributors weigh investigating one guild member who’s under suspicion.
SXSW REJECTED LINDSAY LOHAN’S `CANYONS’ OVER `QUALITY ISSUES’
A festival insider tells THR the Paul Schrader-directed thriller has “an ugliness and a deadness to it.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again