- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
SUNDANCE 2013: WHAT’S BEHIND THE 7-FIGURE SPENDING
$9.75 million for “The Way, Way Back,” $4 million for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s “Don Jon’s Addiction,” documentary prices are soaring — why this year’s deals are breaking records.
WHY THE MEDIA IS NO LONGER AFRAID OF SCIENTOLOGY (ANALYSIS)
THR’s Kim Masters, in the wake of Lawrence Wright’s best-selling exposé “Going Clear,” writes of her own experiences covering the Church and how the Internet and Tom Cruise have helped thaw a chill on investigative reporting.
HOLLYWOOD CASHES IN ON THE LANCE ARMSTRONG DRAMA
Movies, TV deals and books will test the post-Oprah-confession market.
WHO’S PUTTING ACADEMY SCREENERS ONLINE?
Studios and indie distributors weigh investigating one guild member who’s under suspicion.
SXSW REJECTED LINDSAY LOHAN’S `CANYONS’ OVER `QUALITY ISSUES’
A festival insider tells THR the Paul Schrader-directed thriller has “an ugliness and a deadness to it.”
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- New Internet security challenge arises for cybercops
- Wife of Obama aide found dead in burning car in home's garage
- Congress creates a legislative fortress for military sex-assault policy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!